• All that you need to learn about UK visas

    The visa you need will depend on your age and the type of study you want to study. An overview of the category of visa analysis and eligibility requirements is given below, but for more information, please visit Gov.UK website

    In order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa, you must:

    • Have an unconditional offer of a course with an authorized Tier 4 sponsor.
    • To be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
    • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course tuition.

    Applying for your visa online

    You must apply for a student visa online using the official UK Government website (unless you apply from North Korea, in which case you can use a hard copy form).

    You will apply up to three months before your expected date of travel to the United Kingdom. Your application date is the day of payment of the processing fee.

    To apply for your Tier 4 visa, you need to submit:

    • Present passport or other official travel documents
    • Proof of funds to cover your living costs for the length of your study
    • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) – reference number
    • Documents used to obtain CAS
    • Passport-sized color photograph
    • Tuberculosis screening (if required)
    • Assessment documentation
    • A Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if needed)

    Additional documentation may also be needed if you are:

    • Not a resident of the nation which you are applying from
    • Under 18 years of age
    • Have family (dependents)

    If all of your relevant papers are not in English, then you’ll need to have them translated. Each translated document must be dated and must contain the name and signature of the translator in order to guarantee that the translation of the original document is accurate.

    Language proficiency requirements

    You must have evidence of your knowledge of the English language while applying for a visa. Typically, this means passing a safe English language examination.

    UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have minimum requirements for reading, writing, listening and speaking English, based on the level of education. Your educational organization (sponsor) will have specific English language criteria.

    You can be interviewed by a UKVI officer as part of the visa application process. If you cannot have a clear conversation without a translator, you can be denied entry to the United Kingdom, regardless of the outcome of your English conversation.

    Biometric residence permit

    You must also obtain a biometric residence permit (BRP) from UKVI as part of your application. You’ll need to make an appointment with UKVI to check your fingers and thumbs and take a digital photo of your face.